Doing Business With
Los Angeles County
In order to do business with the County of Los Angeles, suppliers must first register in the County’s vendor registration system.
This process alerts the County as to the products and services that each supplier has to offer. The registration process only takes a few minutes and may be done electronically. All that is needed is access to the Internet. If your company does not have Internet access, you may gain access through any public library. Once you enter the website, you will be led through the registration process using easy-to-follow instructions.
As a registered supplier, you will become part of the County’s vendor data base giving your company visibility to all Procurement Offices in the County. This data base may be used by all County departments to solicit bids. If you supply an e-mail address during the registration process, you will receive e-mail notifications of solicitations for commodities and services for which you are registered.
The County of Los Angeles is pleased to announce the Vendor Self-Service (VSS) Portal.
As a Vendor registered with the County of Los Angeles, the Vendor Self-Service (VSS) Portal will provide you with the following features:
- Real-time access your purchase orders established with the County.
- Real-time access your future scheduled payments with detail invoice information.
- Real-time access your warrant (check) history with detail invoice information and warrant statuses.
- Ability to enter electronic invoices online for specific categories of purchase orders.
- Search the County’s solicitations with multiple search criteria, multiple one click searches, “Quick Views”, and the ability to select solicitations to be added to a Watch List (i.e. like my favorites).
- Provides comprehensive view of solicitation information including actual line items, as well as the ability to download attachments.
- Vendor Information Maintenance: Once logged in to the Vendor Self-Service (VSS) Portal, connect directly to your registration information in the County’s Online Vendor Maintenance site (WebVen), to view and maintain your addresses, contacts and commodity selections.
- Maintenance of County Solicitation Standard Terms and Conditions: Maintain an electronic copy of the County’s Solicitation Standard Terms and Conditions that can be electronically signed, saved, and included in your response to County solicitations.
- Respond to solicitations online including access to previous solicitation responses.
We encourage all Registered Vendors and Prospective Vendors to visit the County’s Vendor Self-Service (VSS) Portal and viewing the Vendor Help Guide PDF document, you will learn more about how you can access information that will assist your business needs and enable the County to be more responsive to your inquiries.
If you have any questions on how to obtain access to the Vendor Self-Service (VSS) Portal or need assistance activating an account, please contact us at:
Internal Services Department (ISD)
Vendor Relations: 323-267-2725
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm PST.
County Departments post their bids online
Open Bids by Commodity & County Department
Closed Bids with the awarded Vendor information.
Generate a list of County Vendors by Commodity
Generate a list of Local Certified Small Business Vendors
Vendors can now register with Los Angeles County . . .
Vendors who register with Los Angeles County can participate in:
- Online access to County Open Bids
- Be placed on Bid Lists generated online by County Departments looking for prospective vendors
- Periodically be notified automatically by email of County Bids by specific commodities/services
How does a Vendor register?
It’s easy. Vendors can register online by clicking here.
In addition to a company profile, Vendors will register for the commodity and/or service offered by the County that they would like to bid on.
As part of your registration you’ll receive a County Vendor number and PIN. Your Vendor number is IMPORTANT. This number will identify you to County Departments throughout the County purchasing process.
Your Vendor number and your PIN will allow you to login online and update your registration information at any time.
Thank you for your interest in doing business with the County of Los Angeles.
The County of Los Angeles is an entity comprised of 38 separate departments that provide a wide range of services and/or facilities to the citizens and employees of the County including law enforcement, public health, animal control, hospital, public libraries, beaches, marinas, parks, golf courses, foster homes, fire stations, paramedic services, probation camps, construction and related crafts, voter registration and elections, tax bills and more. The County does business with large firms, as well as small firms and individual entrepreneurs.